Dhaka, July 14: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday issued a 31-point directive to the deputy commissioners (DCs) to ensure good governance and proper development of the country.The prime minister gave the directives while inaugurating the five-day annual conference of the DCs at Shapla Hall of the Prime Minister’s Office, UNB reports.
The directives are:
– Take necessary measures for celebrating the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh MujiburRahman in 2020 from the central level to the grassroots level.
– Celebrate golden jubilee of independence in 2021 by establishing Bangabandhu’s life-long dream ‘Sonar Bangla’.
– Give attention so that people do not become victims of harassment and deprivation in receiving government services.
– Perform responsibilities more carefully and strictly for maintaining peace-discipline and stability in all spheres of the life by eliminating militancy, terrorism and communalism.
– Necessary steps must be taken to continue the drives against drugs to save the youth from the menace.
– Devote yourselves to development of rural infrastructure and flourishing potential small and medium industries as well as alleviating poverty through generating employment.
– Give a strong leadership for development and flourishing information and communication technology (ICT) and encourage common people of the district in using the ICT for daily need.
– Work together with public representatives in establishing good governance at the grassroots level.
– Take steps for raising female education rate at all levels, reducing the rate leaving schools by the students and bringing back the dropped out students to the mainstream.
– Remain vigilant about protecting government land by increasing transparency and efficiency in land administration and management.
– Take all necessary measures for smooth supply of fertilizers, seeds, electricity and fuel etc in boosting agriculture production.
– Create massive mass awareness to prevent production, transportation and marketing of adulterated food and curb the unethical acts with iron hands.
– Strengthen further the activities of the community clinics in order to ensure healthcare services for the poor and underprivileged communities.
– Raise mass awareness about protecting environment and ensure proper enforcement of laws and rules related to it.
– Make effective the village courts for providing justice to common people easily and reduce case backlog at the courts.
– Take right steps at right time to mitigate natural disasters as per the Disaster Management Law, 2012 and permanent directives related to the law.
– The deputy commissioners perform their responsibilities as a head of different committees at the district level. So these committees will have to be active, dynamic and fruitful.
– Gear up the activities like arranging Information Fair and observing Service Week to reach the existing services of the offices to the grassroots.
– Take strict steps for maintaining peace in industrial zone and making uninterrupted transportation of goods and export-import and eliminating muscle power, extortion, tender manipulation and terrorism.
– Give importance to round-the-clock monitoring of market system and give consumer rights to an institutional shape and curb any efforts to create an artificial crisis in market with iron hands.
– Work with responsibilities for freeing social menaces like women and child repression and trafficking, dowry, eve-teasing and early marriage.
– Ensure proper legal steps for stopping violence, torture and violent attitude towards women and checking women and child trafficking.
– Ensure the scope of education, sports, entertainment and creative cultural activities for fulfilling the nutrition demand of the children and juveniles and their physical and mental growth. Awaken the spirit of the Liberation War, sense of culture and science mindedness among the children and juveniles.
– Take special measures for the welfare of the disabled and autistic people and disadvantageous communities.
– Alongside accelerating development of the hill districts, conserve geo- natural characteristics, forests, rivers-water bodies, animal resources and beauty of alpines of the region. Extend all-out cooperation to flourish tourism industry, small and medium size industries and traditional cottage industry.
– Take effective steps for waste management at district, upazila and union levels.
– Undertake development projects as per the need of the district as the sizes of the districts are different and their locations are different. Steps should be taken considering these matters while taking development programmes.
– Strengthen the local government system by decentralising power and take uplift schemes to fulfill demand and ensure better life of the people.
– Mini stadiums should be built for entertainment and cultural practices.
– Make arrangements for the entertainment of people and play a role in maintaining communal harmony. Give attention to improvement of the living standard of the ethnic minority groups and Hijra and Bede communities.
– Take effective measures for the rehabilitation of the landless, homeless and beggars.