Uttara gas explosion: burnt housewife Sumaiya dies

558
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •   
  •  
  •  

Dhaka, Mar 6: Burnt housewife Sumaiya Begum in Uttara, after 10 days of battling with her live, died at a hospital in the city on Sunday.

Earlier, her husband and two children, had died due to burn injuries.

Sumaiya Begum, who was severely burnt in gas flames, died at City Hospital in Mohammadpur at about 12:00noon.

With severe burn injuries on almost 90 per cent of her body, Sumaiya was shifted to City Hospital from the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where she was underwent treatment.

On February 26, five inmates of a family were seriously burnt after flames had spread to the entire flat following an explosion in the kitchen gas line.

The accident occured at the 6th floor of House No. 8, Road No. 3 under Sector 13 at Uttara.

The burnt injured were Mohammad Shahnewaz, 50, his wife Sumaiya Begum, 40, son Sharlin, 15, Zarif, 11 and Zaran, a 14-month-old baby boy.

Sharlin and Zaran succumbed to their burn injuries at night on February 26. On the following day, their father Shahnewaz, who was a maintenance engineer at the US Embassy in Dhaka, died at the burn unit of the DMCH.

Among the burnt injured, one the third son Zarif, 10 has remained alive. He is also undergoing treatment at the hospital.

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •   
  •