Three madrasa students die, 12 others hospitalised after taking poisonous food in Narail

496
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •   
  •  
  •  

Jessore, July 28: At least three students of a Madrasa have reportedly died of taking poisonous food and 12 others fallen sick in Narail district on Thursday.

The deceased were identified as Imamul Haque, 16, son of Jabbar Hossai of Barogati village of Narail Sadar upazila, Alif, 9, son of Morad Sheikh of Panchuriya village and Ashraful, 16, son of Afsar Sheikh of Shovarghop village.

The incident happened at Jamiatus Sunnah Mohammadia Qoumi Madrasa at Agdia-Shimulia of the district`s sadar upazila on Wednesday night.

Another 12 have been hospitalised in critical condition after the incident on Wednesday night, said Narail Sadar Hospital’s doctor Anik Saha.

M Ibrahim, a teacher of the Madrasa, said Imamul fell sick and was vomiting repeatedly on Wedensday midnight while all the students were sleeping after dinner. He succumbed on way to Narail Sadar Hospital.

Alif and Ashraful were taken to Narail Sadar Hospital as they also fell sick. Later, Alif succumbed in the hospital while Ashraful died on way to Khulna hospital from there.

The sick students were admitted to Narail Sadar Hospital, Jessore Sadar Hospital and Khulna Medical College and Hospital.

 Anik Saha, physician of emergency unit of the hospital, said the students might have died of food poisoning. Several of the sicks were referred to Khulna Medical College and Hospital in critical state.

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •   
  •